[Dailydrool] Speedy evening vet visit

Nancy Candray via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jan 12 10:59:15 PST 2017

Yesterday we had quite a scare with Speedy. I came home and noticed he was opening his jaws wider than usually. As if he wanted to vomit but couldn't. On closer inspection I saw a tinge of pink in his salvia and that he would not completely close his mouth and decided something was wrong. I called Banfield to see if they can take Speedy in and unfortunately (or really fortunately) they couldn't see him but referred me to vet with late office hours.

The new vet took one look at Speedy and asking about his eye being swollen. I told her it's been like that for quite sometime and the vet at Banfield had told me it was fine. Concerned she recommend some X-rays, saying there may be a tumor causing Speedy's jaw to be dislocated.

2 hours later she came back with some good news. There was no tumor. There was a bone stuck in between his jaw and they lodged it out. She did say that his eye still concerned her and would like to do an ultrasound. If it was glaucoma they needed to start treatment or even remove his eye.

So I have Speedy home not much worse for wear, lectured my in laws (for the quadrillionth time) not to give the boys table scraps, and found a vet that I like and doesn't dismiss my concerns.

Nancy momslabe to Speedy Speed Demon of the West and Rambo the Shar Pei

Sent from my iPhone