[Dailydrool] Harnesses and Training

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jan 13 16:15:47 PST 2017

https://www.amazon.com/Dog-Lifting-Aid-Mobility-
Harness/dp/B008EXJIG2

Check out this page for harnesses and with a handle.
Let me say that for regular walks with a healthy dog, a harness gives you
no control whatsoever. If you want control you need to control the head.
Try a Gentle Leader or a Halti.
BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Oh I'm sorry.( I have tried both of these and I know they work for
virtually everyone else in the Universe but Bassets tend to simply lay down
and shut their eyes thus making the Universe vanish when you put one of
these gadgets on them. (Belgians will go with you but shaking their head
and scrubbing their faces on the ground as you go)

Well anyway good luck to both you and the Drooler who needed a harness with
a handle, you probably will succeed. To the question of controlling a
Basset on a walk, buy a good (meaning online, not at PetSmart or
Petco--prong collar and learned how to put it on correctly. (Right behind
the ears near the jaw) and SNUG Let the dog correct himself and look
surprised--Oh, did that pinch? I was standing right here when you lunged
for that sandwich someone dropped 3 yrs ago.) Ok I can't do training tips
because my own dogs belong to the
Black Paw and the CosaNostril. oooooooooooosssssssssssoooooooi
'Nuff said
Good luck.
Let us know how it goes.

MomPerson to Conley (oh what's this over here?") MertaLou (" Oo  what a
pretty rock") and Doc ("Is that a squirrel?)

bgszap2 at gmail.com