[Dailydrool] Show Puppies

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jan 15 19:33:50 PST 2017

​This whole thing about Bassets being flat octopi (?) made me remember
teaching baby Bassets a show stack. It was hilarious but highly frustrating.
How many hours did I spend crouched on the floor holding up one end of a
happy Puppy while the other end fell apart? Get the front up and stacked
and steady and the rear is down and wagging. Get the rear up and the front
is sagging.  Gait around the ring and your dog trips on his ears and falls
down, then just rolls over for a belly rub. At a show. (Luckily, puppy
classes are notoriously tolerant.)
There is nothing in the world as fun and frustrating as training a Basset
puppy for show.

MomPerson to Conley, MertaLou and Doc

bgszap2 at gmail.com