[Dailydrool] Dexter does therapy!

LOIS LEMA via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jan 16 16:09:46 PST 2017

 Today Dexter dog passed his therapy dog final exam!  He is now a therapy dog! (ok he will be once the paperwork comes back).  I am so proud of him.  I knew this summer when I was hiking with him and he would seek out folks in wheelchairs, etc that he had that special touch.  Dex, at 16 months was a shining star in the class.  He finished the obedience class first with a CGC and then went right into a pre-therapy dog class.
Today when the examiner pulled into the lot at the testing site, she said she could hear him whining in the car fore she even got out!  He was so calm and settled during the test.  Okay, we did have one mishap ...during the first exam at Tractor Supply, he brought the entire place to a standstill when he screamed.  It seemed he stepped on his ear and got stuck.  So he screamed. Yeah.  His ears are really long.
I am a proud, beaming mother.  His "sister" Sally will try obedience next....we hold out no hope for her to get the CGC but hey stranger things have happened.
Lois & Dexter (I am a therapist now)  &Sally   ( I sometimes know my name)