[Dailydrool] Excitement

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jan 18 15:51:56 PST 2017

This is Mariah. Last weekend was exciting. Our mom hosted a potluck supper at our house for the dog rescue volunteers and their personal dogs.  We had about twenty people and twelve well behaved (except for one) dogs at our house, lots of food, and with all the comings and goings only one dog escaped.  guess who? You are right---me me me.

AS an elderly volunteer came through the gate, I greeted him, slipped around his ankles, and took off, laughing all the way.  Mom took off after me and caught up with me in the high weeds next door.  She picked me up and turned to head home, and lo and behold, her ankles were caught in the weeds. Mom started falling, and so she tossed me in the air so she wouldn't fall on me. Whee--I was flying.  I landed and ran home. she, on the other hand, with her ankles caught and her arms up high,, fell and landed right on her head, if you can imagine that.  So then she grumbles that she has a big egg on her head.  Why she wants to wear an egg on her head is beyond me, but humans are very strange. I think she should have put the egg in the refrigerator. That seems so much more efficient to me than what she did--she took ice out of the refrigerator and held it on her head instead. How stupid is that?  But then I'm brighter than she is.  I also countersurfed a loaf of French bread.  I would say it was a fun party and hope we have more like it in the future.

Mariah the Maraudah of Hawaii vlbzwick at yahoo.com