[Dailydrool] Janie Anne (In Heaven)

Bill Armstrong via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jan 19 06:09:11 PST 2017

I have never had to write anything so devastating and sad to me.  Janie Anne left this World around 2:15 yesterday afternoon to Journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

I wasn't with her when she left, but the vet techs told me she went peacefully and painlessly.  I was going to go visit at 4.  I guess Janie didn't want me to see.

She passed at the age 14 years 5 months and 1 day.  She had pancreatitis, anemia, suspected blood clots and old age.  Yesterday Dr. Jeri discovered a spider bite on her chest during an x-ray.  I had noticed the bump but thought it was just from her rubbing her chest going in and out the door to the balcony.  No telling when it bit her, but finding that gave us all some hope, because it was treatable.

5 hours later Dr. Jeri called me with the terrible news.

Of course I rushed to the hospital to see her.

She looked so peaceful.  No heavy panting, no oxygen mask, no IV, she looked like she was happily sleeping.   That is the Janie Anne I will always remember.

Janie was my first Basset Hound and my true "Heart Dog".  I am shattered.  After losing Siobhan in November, the house is so quiet and lonely.

I know I will get over the pain of loss.  Hell, both my parents and my only sibling are gone, I probably know more dead people and dogs than I do live ones.  But Janie's passing is so unreal to me,  my little "space heater" she slept with me every night for almost 11 years has gone on to a better place, I can only have faith and believe.

I sure she was welcomed with loving arms and paws and she is happy (perhaps a little sad), healthy and young again.

I can only hope I can be a good enough person, to qualify to go to Heaven when the time comes and be reunited with all my loved ones, especially MY Dear Little Sweet Janie Anne.

I wish everyone will hug and kiss their little ones and please say a little prayer for Janie Anne.

Despondent Bassetless Woofs,

Bill

Janie Anne & Siobhan (In Heaven)

Jackie, I hope Janie had the time to stop by and give Nigel a big sloppy snooter kiss on her way.

Billa_1 at msn.com