[Dailydrool] Sniffing Different

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jan 27 00:40:47 PST 2017

​I read with interest the post about Millie taking her sweet time on walks
because this has always been a bit of an issue between me and Mr. Biskit
when we take the Hounds out for a stroll. (Something that has been sharply
curtailed by the stunning rise in Pit Bull population in our neighborhood
alone-- there are 4 or 5 just at this end of our 2.5 block street!)
But when we did.
Mr. Biskit saunters along, stopping every foot or so to let the dogs
snuffle in the grass and bushes, to explore some especially juicy piece of
sidewalk, or excitedly investigate a tiny drop of urine left 3 weeks ago by
a bitch in season-- and I am three blocks ahead with my crew, my black
Gazelle circling in anxious anticipation, Doc wants to know what the heck
they're doing what CAN they be doing, I went right past there smelled the
smells but geez--don't they wanna get to the next block?
And Mr. Biskit says oh, let them sniff.
And the Black Dog and I say that's enough, really.
Who wins? Let's just say Doc and I usually get home first.

(I let them snuffle the first couple of blocks and after that it's walkie
time.)

MomPerson to Conley, MertaLou and Doc

bgszap2 at gmail.com