[Dailydrool] Dry eye

Marilyn Briggs via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jan 28 14:22:29 PST 2017

Our Chester had chronic dry eye when we got him at 5ish. We tried to restart his tear production (didn't work, very expensive) and then
had many kinds of doggie eye drops. Any human eye product that says Use as often as necessary is probably OK. If they "take the red out" or say "Use every 4 hours" stay away from them. The best I found were the Genteal eye gel, which was good. The very best was Genteal Lubricant Eye Ointment for Night time. Was Vaseline-like base, but lasted a very long time. Kind of blurry when you first put it in (yes, I tried it on myself), but if I had to be gone 10 hours, only thing that lasted until I got home again. And Chester was pretty much blind, anyway, so was OK.
Cost about $10 at Walmart (or used to, Chester has been ATB a couple years) and that much or less on Amazon. Little tube, but lasts a long time.

Marilyn Briggs
marbriggs
@comcast.net