[Dailydrool] Just checking in

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jan 31 10:26:15 PST 2017

This is Mariah, just checking in.  A little bit of excitement.  Night before last, Mom woke up around midnight feeling like bugs were crawling all over her. No, wrong guess--she didn't have DT's or delirium--there were bugs crawling all over her.  She flipped on the lights and discovered about a dozen fleas trying to get a good bitehold. Eeek, cried she. My notabasset sister, Ipo, was on the bed next to her and Ipo probably had three dozen fleas on her.  We dogs had been in the yard from 7-9 before bed. At 7, no one had any fleas.  At midnight the place was literally crawling with them, despite monthly Trifexis.  So it was flea baths and meds and laundry in the wee hours of the morning.

Now, Ipo has a treasure hole in the yard. This is kind of like a treasure chest but it is a hole she dug where she keeps her collected treasures. currently there is a plastic peanut butter jar, a flip flop, and a toy in the hole. NExt morning when mom let us out she noticed something large in the treasure hole and went to investigate.  Eek again. A very dead flea-infested, worse for the weather feral cat. Mom was extremely dismayed, and went to Dad carrying on that, oh no, oh no, Ipo had killed a cat.  Dad went out to investigate and bury Ipo's treasure.  After close inspection, there were no marks of any kind on the cat, no broken anything, no bites.  There had been no noise between 7 and 9 the night before.  DAd declared that if Ipo had killed the cat, then she surely must have scared it to death rather than touching it. More likely Ipo found it already departed and added it to her collectible collection.  So that's our news.  next time I'll write about Mila's progress with the ramp.  Mariah.

Val