[Dailydrool] From the Desk

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jan 12 07:31:48 PST 2017

​Hello this is MertaLou, Professional Lady Basset.

I must say the weather has been interesting. This morning the Mother-Person
rushed out the back door for something and did one of those amazing,
two-legger whoops steps where both feet go different directions and the
hands grab at anything at all. This time the hands grabbed the black dog
and luckily, he stood still so she was able to slide back to the door
safely.
The perils of being two-legged. Why would anyone want just two when four is
so much better. Twice as better! (ha ha one of Merta Lou's little jokes.)
Then the night before--such wind! Oh it was glorious, the smells! There
were cities and wheat fields and lakes in that wind. There were pot roast
dinners and pancakes and hot pastrami on rye sandwiches. It was wonderful
--there were some sad things in that windstorm too, but we hounds, we
understand that and just glide on past.
We had only one fight and that was when Mr.Biskit slipped and stepped on
Mr. COnley who took that as a reason to attack the Black Dog who fled to
his crate while MotherPerson caught Mr. Conley and we all went in our
crates and waited awhile.
Anyway that is all from here, fairly dull things. Congratulations to Mr
Dexter on his therapy dog title, and loving cuddes and drool to those in
mourning.
Love and Joy
Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset

bgszap2 at gmail.com