[Dailydrool] Help Re-House training

Julie Canny via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jul 1 07:36:23 PDT 2017

Guinness is nearly 6 years old and we've had him since he was a puppy
(about 11 weeks).  Like any Basset, house training was a challenge, but he
got through it. Or, so we thought.  He (and the other 3 Bassets in the
house) gets a nice walk twice a day.  We have a dog door that leads to the
back screened porch and a ramp outside to the fenced yard.  He has never
quite grasped that he needs to go all the way out to the yard and uses the
back porch for potty.  (gates now funnel him to the door and ramp.)

Lately, he's taken to peeing in the house.  Three times in the last week in
the laundry room (where the dog door is).  10 minutes ago, my husband
caught him peeing on the family room carpet.  We have taken up all interior
rugs, save this one.  It is an indoor/outdoor rug that can be washed on the
driveway!  It has a waterproof pad under it to prevent damage to the
floor.  This saves the floor but.....

HOW DO WE GET HIM RETRAINED???  He's just gotten over dental surgery where
they removed 8 more teeth.  He's now off of any medication.
HELP

Julie Canny - julie.a.canny at gmail.com