[Dailydrool] Re-Training

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jul 1 11:38:56 PDT 2017

Before you re-train---was he on Pred during that time? Did he get an
injection of Pred perhaps? It'll play havoc with the best trained dog
because by the time they know they have to go it's too late. That wears off
but some dogs are much more sensitive than others.

That said, I would check about the side-effects of any other drugs he is
on, and if he continues I would have a U/A--in fact, I might have that done
anyway.
If all those things are negative, then you have a behavior problem and you
re-train just the way you did originally: he is never un-supervised, he is
taken outside and praised for going in the right places.

The recent surgery and the massive loss of teeth--oh--is he on soft foods?
They have more water in them--- make me very suspicious that there is
something other than willful attitude at work.

Safe 4th to everyone.

MomPerson to COnley, Doc & Merta Lou