[Dailydrool] Fitting a basset

Vikki Grauf via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jul 2 14:51:54 PDT 2017

Dearest Droolers. I am getting ready to have a custom done vest made for my hound, as bassets are a bit tricky to fit wondered about the best way of going about this. For example the neck. There is a lot of neck skin, how tight do you pull the measuring tape? Tight? Loose? Tight then add an inch? And also length wise? It's a houndet, so no worries about running into a wing wang. Is longer better? Shorter? If anyone has any tips on this, I'm sure everyone would be interested, and I'm certainly interested in avoiding another costly mistake. Thanks in advance, Vikki