[Dailydrool] Fitting a basset

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jul 3 14:39:43 PDT 2017

Hi Vikki,
  In my experience, a lot of the fitting depends on 1) how the garment is styled, and 2) the shape of your particular basset.  The way bassets typically defy typical doggie duds are that their chests are much deeper and their legs much shorter.  Their rib cages go with the deep chest but their waists tuck in (if the basset is slender).    If you have a slender basset and buy a T shirt that is big  enough through the chest and neck, probably it will be way too big around the waist just past the rib cage and will need darts to take it in. (Unless it only extends as far as the rib cage, or fastens with a Velcro enclosure).  So you would need to take measurements based on how the garment is styled.  If you Send me a photo of the garment you are ordering an a photo of your basset, I could guess at the most important measurements. Vlbzwick at yahoo.com   Other droolers may have better advice.  Kathi Lockhart perhaps?  Val Brewer