[Dailydrool] double trouble

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jul 4 13:26:43 PDT 2017

Our next door kitten situation has just gotten worse.  there are actually two kittens, not just one, and now the kittens have been moved outside onto the lanai next to our fence to live.  their bed and belongings are there and they are enjoying sunning themselves and playing.  They are adorable.  The kittens have every right to be there--that is the next door apartment's yard, after all.  The black kitten is not afraid of dogs and in fact wants to make friends with Ipo and Mariah, coming up to the fence repeatedly to try to touch noses with them.

Well, Neither Ipo nor Mariah is having any of it.  A frenzy of barking on Mariah's part.  IPo is scarier--crouched silently and motionless, then springing at the fence, barking frustration when it stops her. (Maybe that's how she broke off her front teeth some time in the past?).  I spent about twenty minutes outside with them, praising silence and punishing barking and lunging, but it did not have much effect.  Now they are locked inside the house.

Suggestions?  I'm thinking we may have to make the fence non see through on that side of the house (plywood?).  I know we will need to fortify the fence more against Ipo's lunging.  BIll is thinking a shock collar for Mariah (though she is pretty impervious).  Any advice would be welcome.

VAl of Hawaii with Mariah (run, Kitties, run),  Ipo (send the recipe please, Tunes, and I'll get the crockpot), and Mila (C'mon guys, cats are nice, let's all just be friends)