[Dailydrool] Pacing in an older dog

Sally Russell via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 19 12:24:24 PDT 2017

Our Browser just turned 14 and has times he paces around and cannot settle
down.  We take him for short walks to try to settle him down.  Our vet has
prescribed 2.5 mg. of valium once in the morning and then before bedtime.
He eats very well and sleeps through the night.

It is so painful to see Browser so restless and at times shaking from
anxiety.

Our vet says he is suffering from cognitive dysfunction.  Fortunately, all
of his blood tests have been normal for his age.  He also has developed a
very hoarse bark and x-rays of his throat and chest have been normal.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sally Russell