[Dailydrool] Information Needed Crematorium

mom2jaxson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jul 21 09:17:54 PDT 2017

I've been a drooler for 20 years now, but usually only lurk.  I need some help on crematotiums, and I hope my request will not sound too macabre.  This is a long post and I will apologize for it.  If you are curious how you can help, please feel free to skip to the end.
My Jax was diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy in September 2016.  I was told then, he had six months to a year to live and that I should stop any and all activities that would put a strain on his heart, including hiking, ball playing, etc. as those activities could cause instant death.  I listened to the doctors advice for two weeks.  Then I realized Jax's quality of life was more important than my quantity of life with him - I wanted Jax to have back all the things he loved to do.  So, we went back to what we had been doing for the last seven years of his life, but slowed down on the pace.
I think we caught his diagnosis early, as it is now July 2017 and he's still doing pretty OK.  However, as time progresses, I can now see the disease rearing its ugly head.  Jax is literally with me 24/7 and has been his whole life.  I've not gone on vacation his whole life, as it would require me to leave him.  He is my constant companion, I take him everywhere.
I am scheduled to take a trip to Memphis, Tennessee next month and I have chosen to drive the 20 hours in order for us not to be separated.  I did this same trip with him in February and even then the heat of the South seemed to affect him.  Despite the toll it took on him, I believe leaving him would be a greater toll.
I am a very "A" type person, but also an emotional one and this is where I need your help.  If the worst were to happen to Jax on our trip, I'd like to be prepared.  If he were to die in route or at our destination, I would be at a total loss for what to do.
If anyone could provide me with pet crematorium locations in route and in Memphis, I would be grateful. I know if the worst happened, I'd be unable to think.  I am not worried about the state of Colorado.  After leaving Colorado I will be on I-70 through the state of Kansas.  I will then be on Highway 7 through Missouri. Then Highway 63/US Highway 555 through Arkansas. I will be in Memphis for a week.
This all probably sounds crazy, but I just want to be prepared should the unthinkable happen.  Colorado is very dog friendly,  but the friendliness diminishes as I travel South and finding somewhere to help me is something I need to know before I travel.
If anyone can offer advice, I'd appreciate it greatly and hope none of the information provided will be necessary.  I hope this request is met with positive feelings for us.  The trip is necessary and taking him with me is a requirement for both he and I.  Thank you.
Karen