[Dailydrool] Rolph

Sally King via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jul 30 05:12:03 PDT 2017

Firstly, I would like to thank all those Droolers who offered prayers and drool over what has been a horrible weekend.
On Friday, Rolph, who has had a dodgy spine and back legs for a while, slipped on the stairs. At first, he seemed OK, but as the day wore on his legs kept giving away until he was unable to stand at all. This has happened once before, and the following morning he was back on his paws.
This time he was still unable to get up - or move his rear legs at all. He was also clearly in a lot of pain. However, he did want and eat his breakfast. We got to the vet as they were opening and after he was examined, I was given 3 choices - Pain meds and rest in vetspital to see if he improved. An MRI with a view to an operation, which at nearly 13 years old I did not think appropriate - or .....
So I left him at the vet (feeling very grateful to the Droolers who had recommended a help em up harness, without which I couldn't have got him out of the house).
I had two updates at 1pm and 6pm. Neither were good. Nothing had changed. I was told I could visit him this morning (Sunday) at 9.30am. We arrived on the dot and were asked to wait in reception. Another couple came in just behind us and were shown straight through - my heart sank.
So, when the nurse came out and said "You can take him home" I couldn't believe it. He is back on is feet albeit rather wobbly, and his back is roached. At the moment he is sleeping and refusing to eat even the choicest titbits. But he's home and there is hope. Please continue the drool until he is feeling properly better.
Drool and hugs to all who need them.Sally, still with Rolph and Clara, UK