[Dailydrool] Good communicators

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jun 4 20:41:44 PDT 2017

I am so impressed by how well my dogs communicate!  They would win any party game of charades over humans. (Does anyone besides me remember charades?)

When the water bowl was empty, our late ATB hound, Harley, would lay on the floor with his head in the empty bowl and moan.

Today when I returned from the store, notabasset Ipo slipped through my legs and ran out the gate to the car.  I called and called her.  she did not come (unusual) nor did she run away.  Instead, she ran multiple circles around the car, yipping, smiling, wagging, and sitting by the rear passenger seat door looking at me.  If I approached to grab her, however, she evaded and was off circling again.  guess what I did?  (Got my keys back out, of course, and took her for a ride in the car.). Now BIll and I are off to walk all three dogs on leash along the one dog-friendly beach on the island. (I sure wish there were more-friendly places here, but there aren't.). I get stir crazy with too many days straight in the house and neighborhood.  It should not surprise me that the dogs feel the same. Lol.

Semper Fido, all.

Val of Hawaii with Mila and Mariah Bassets, and Ipo Notabasset