[Dailydrool] Abe goes to Heaven

melissa gibson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jun 5 07:33:59 PDT 2017

Droolers,
The bridge has claimed another one. My beloved Abe aka the grumpy monkey was helped to the bridge Sat morning. He was probably almost 14 and was in bad shape all the way around with mobility issues. He was such a big personality that the house seems empty even with three other dogs still there.The vet said most likely cancer but nothing definitive. Buster and Abe had both been sick in the previous weeks with diarrhea, Buster even having to be hospitalized. The thing that haunts me is I had started taking Abe for laser therapy to help him walk better and the tech had said all the great results she had seen, but she also said that if there was cancer or tumors unknown inside the dog there was the possibility that the therapy treatment might awaken and stimulate the cancer cells. I totally think this is what happened. He just went down fast and had weight loss and weakness and just could not recover. I was not ready but he showed me he was by not freaking out on the way to the vet and laying down on the bed I brought for him. He was ready. He was the love of my life and I just miss him so much. It had been four years since I lost a dog.I had a year more than I thought I would but it was still not enough, I had been monitoring his quality of life and making sure I still saw the things that made Abe Abe. He gave me a tail wag on Sat. that really broke my heart. I already have his ashes back at home but they don't bark and stomp and thump their tail in the demanding way he did. Buster is still looking around the house for him. It's just sad. I got him from 4 the Hounds in Sept. of 2010 and we had been through a lot together. Abe always wanted to be an only dog and pretty much was my one and only despite all the others that came and went. We were totally codependent on one another. This is going to be a really hard one for me.Love you monkey, no more pain!

MelissaMissing Abe in heavenBuster, Tinker and Susie