[Dailydrool] Best money I ever spent...

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jun 14 12:59:42 PDT 2017

I was debating what dog item I bought that was the best. Finally it
struck me: It's my Presto Dehydro dehydrator. With it I make my hounds'
favorite dog treats--chicken jerky. I do not have to worry about the
quality or ingredients in homemade jerky because I  use the same chicken
we eat. I dry  thin strips of chicken overnight, usually about eight
hours, and cook them briefly in the oven, to make sure they're safe (the
directions come with the machine, happily).

I had looked at the more expensive dehydrators, but they seemed to take
up a lot of space and cost a lot more. This suits me perfectly. I bought
it on sale (I'm sure you can find some sales, if you Google it), and the
only drawback was that Drew once treated one of the racks roughly and
broke off one handle. It is still useable, but you might want to be sure
that energetic washers do not toss the racks about. (Though I believe
you can buy extra racks, if the damage is more substantial.) I solved
the problem by doing the washing myself and have had no more troubles.

The hounds beg for these treats, especially when I've just made them.
But they will never turn them down. When I pull them out, as Fabio Paiva
says, "They're dancing 'round my feet, waiting to be fed."

Pam, food slave and treat maker to the Dashing Bassets