[Dailydrool] Canine Dementia

Sally Russell via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jun 16 08:17:39 PDT 2017

Our Browser, age 14 increasingly has pacing and panting behavior. We are
now on vacation and  his pet sitter for 10 years stays in the house with
him and his shih Tzu "brother".

Browser is in good health for his age but has been  blind from glaucoma
since age 5.  The only thing which lessons his anxiety is the 2.5 mg of
valium twice  a day which our vet prescribed.  He is eating and sleeping
well at  night.  We almost cancelled our vacation because he sensed our
leaving and his anxiety was worse.

Anyone have this experience and have additional advice?

Sally Russell