[Dailydrool] Dementia

Kathy Wilson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jun 17 15:22:55 PDT 2017

We've had some experience with anxiety and have found two things that help.
While valium was useful for one-time events (in our case, a fire), we've had
better luck with Xanax for travel-related, separation anxiety, which for us
didn't start until our basset when to the bridge and our harrier was "alone"
(with a well-loved dogsitter).  The Xanax helped lessen the pacing and
panting quite a bit. We also found that it helped to pack the suitcases the
night before and put them in the garage, so Hooter would see them leave and
see us come back in the house and go to bed.  Sneaky, but effective!  Good
luck!

Kathy Wilson, Hooter the harrier, and Twinkletoes and Moose both ATB

kmwlaw at cox.net