[Dailydrool] Sally Canine dementia

Ann Hefner via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jun 17 16:24:09 PDT 2017

Are you on Face book. There is a wonderful group Canine Cognitive Disorder
group. I have learned a lot. All our hounds have died early from some form
of cancer. So CCD is new to us with Lacy. She will be 17 next month. Valium
is an awful strong drug to sedate.  Selegiline has worked well for a lot of
the hounds on the group. I give it to Lacy occasionally, but it was one of
the earlier treatments for cushings disease, so I was afraid if she got too
much, she might crash. My vet said not worry because it didn't work for
cushings. Also just a xanax (alprazolom) at bedtime is better for anxiety. I
take valium for muscle relaxer when I've overdone it physically to help me
relax. Xanax works much better for anxiety. A lot of people swear by CBD oil
(extract from cannabis). I haven't researched it a lot. I don't like the
effects of marijuana, so don't know if the oil would give them a high or
not, so I am reluctant to try it until I learn more. But everyone that uses
it says it's great for anxiety.

Ann

anniebh at acsol.net