[Dailydrool] Beau missing Gigi

Carol Yokum via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jun 28 16:57:05 PDT 2017

Hi Susan,

I bet he is missing her especially since they were together so long.   When our Rocky left us he and Maddie had been together for about five years but she missed him terribly especially the first few days.   She was the Alpha and bossed him around something awful, sometimes not letting him come in the house or into a certain room but they did love each other.   We had a very small porch right outside their doggy door and they used to be on it together in nice weather to sunbathe.   After I brought Rocky to the vet for the last time and didn't bring him home she seemed to know he was never coming back.   This was after multiple visits for him to the Emergency Hospital for stays of one to five days.   But she seemed to know this was his last trip and sat out on that porch step almost continuously for three days, making small crying noises.    She only came in at night and to eat.   After that she went and dug two big holes in the yard and she had never been a digger before or was after.   She also blamed me for him being gone and totally ignored me for about a week.

Carol