[Dailydrool] dogs missing their pals

don/jan cook via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jun 29 18:59:36 PDT 2017

I know when we decided to put Stuart, our 11 yr. old Basset to sleep (just couldn’t get him less anxious about everything, he was miserable)  I think someone on the Drool once mentioned taking the other dogs to see his body after he had passed. We did that, took both the young Basset and the Bldhnd into the Dr’s office. They sniffed him over, but seemed to recognize the wasn’t “there”.
They never looked for him at home. I think they knew he had gone to the Rainbow Bridge, and he’ll be waiting for them when their turn comes.
It seemed to work.
Jan and the hounds