[Dailydrool] Georgie and Miss Becky

Kenneth Miller via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jun 26 13:46:03 PDT 2017

Healing drool to all who need.

I'm mostly a lurker these days, hate to see the list fading from what it once was. I am also on the Facebook group, and it is great to see hound pictures, but finding information is a scarcer commodity.

I hated to see that about Georgie going to join her beloved Miss Becky at the Bridge. When I first joined the list back in 2001 or so, she was a presence.

I find it a great thing to feel a loss of a person or hound on the list that, in all likelyhood, you never met. But it is a wonderful bond we have between us, friends and family, just not close enough to know personally, but you sure feel like you've at least known a part of the person.

I know both are thrilled to see each other again, I do feel the loss on the list. I noticed that Georgie had not posted in a really long time, maybe almost two years. I wondered about her, but you sort of hate to ask if a person is still here and OK.

I also hate that I've got nothing for the calendar this year, I can scrape up the cash, but really don't have any good photos to use. Some of you might remember my Bosley and before him, Edsel, who went to the bridge before I got on the list.

If I have any luck at coming up with a photo, I'll try to get a day. I still hope to add a hound or two to my household in the next year or so. My wife is retiring as of this coming Friday, so she can be there for the hounds.

Best to all
Ken
With Bosely (ATB) 11-6-15 and Edsel (ATB) 9-20-02