[Dailydrool] First Basset

melissa gibson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Mar 3 08:43:53 PST 2017

My first basset was named Sarah. She was a beautiful red basset and she belonged to my Aunt who for whatever reason gave her to my parents. She was a member of the household before I was even born but I remember her to this day. My father was a college professor and when I was born they had a story in the local paper with the whole family in front of the hearth with me in a carrier and Sarah the basset peering down over me. She lived until I was about 5 or 6 and I remember my parents leaving on Thanksgiving night to take her to the vet while my grandparents stayed with me. I remember crying because whatever Disney episode we watched had a couger that went over the cliff but in reality I was crying because I knew Sarah wasn't coming back. I believe she had cancer. She started my love affair with the breed and hounds in general.Love hearing everybodies stories!

Melissa