[Dailydrool] An Introduction

Jessica Rutan via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Mar 17 17:04:05 PDT 2017

On October 12, 2016 a litter of puppies was born. I had no idea and was instead in the throws of giving up of finding another dog and just trying to forgive myself for the loss of Harley.
December 6, 2016. My husband comes home early from work. I am curious as to why, but he didn't say much. I was planning the Christmas party and wondering if all my children would be home for Christmas when my husband comes running into my office and tells me to get into the car NOW! I run and we get in the car. I ask him what is going on and he told me I would know more soon. We drove an hour out into the middle of LA. What I found was a puppy boy that a lady was selling. She was keeping him in a box on the porch. It was 43 degrees outside. I picked him up and told my husband we were leaving.
This little boy snuggled up to neck and slept wrapped in my jacket all the way home. I  became a mom again. Just like that, I was a mom again. When we got home I came into the house and put him on the floor. My youngest son walked into the entry way ready to leave for Boy Scouts and looked down. "Mom, why did you bring home a guinea pig?" This little boy was so small, my son thought he was a guinea pig. He was 7 weeks old. My son called my daughter and she came down to the entry. She sat on the floor and started to cry. She could only cry with the happiest of tears and asked if Harley had found us a dog? I started crying. Then we all cried. My little boy lived in a laundry basket for a week.
From 5 pounds to 29.2 pounds yesterday. My little man is growing up. We would like to introduce Aristotle. Aristotle is a tri-colored basset boy who is growing up too fast, but is a bundle of joy. So between two car accidents, pneumonia, few days in the hospital, and another major issue in my life, I have not had the time to tell the news.
For all of the individuals on this list who sent me emails telling me I would find another dog, I did not believe you. For the encouragement that the pain would slowly heal itself, I did not believe you. That Harley would bring the right dog, I guess so!
I am thankful every day. I still shed some tears about my Harley now and again, but I am very busy with a small little man who wants and needs all of my attention.
Aristotle.
Sassafras does not like him, but we are working on that. There is so much going on here. I have so many stories to share. I will try to get them out.
Thank you again to those who believed for me. My heart was so broken that I just could not see past the pain. Then God sent a little man named Aristotle whose philosophy is that everything we attempt to do in life is to make ourselves happy.

Jessica Rutan
jrutan at aubreydog.com