[Dailydrool] Hunting pack

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 28 11:50:44 PDT 2017

I am lying in bed trying to figure out how to solve a problem. My dogs are pacing around the bed moaning and whining because I have them locked in the house with me and they want to be in the yard.  Our yard is enclosed by a chainlink fence.  In the back a dense thicket of shrubbery abuts the fence.

This morning at six when the dogs went out, they formed up into a model hunting pack. the two hounds stood baying at the back fence at the top of their lungs: " we've got it treed!"  The pit mix, trained in her former life as a pig "grabber"--one of the dogs that charge the wild boar and hold it for the hunters, lunged  over and over at the fence and was actually pulling the chain link into puckers trying to break the links and bust through it.  "I'll get it".  what a hullabaloo!  I had to carry the struggling fifty pound pit mix back to the house bodily.

So, what's in the thicket?  a wild boar?  No.  There is a mama feral cat who has just given birth to a litter of kittens, and she is nestled in a little hollow against the fence, her back touching it.  She does not intend to move and was spitting and hissing at the dogs.  There is no way for me to get through the thicket to relocate her and it could be days before she moves her family.

what to do? Maybe pile up concrete blocks on ur side of the fence to shield her?  Ipo is a powerhouse; and I don't think Mil and Mariah will be quiet anyway.
any ideas? For now the dogs are grounded and restricted to leash walks on the street, but none of us like this solution.

VAl of Hawaii with Mila, Mariah, and Ipo. Vlbzwick at yahoo.com

Val