[Dailydrool] Hunting pack solution

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 28 15:43:57 PDT 2017

We've come up with a solution.  A friend of ours is a handyman, and he came over to help Bill build a wall.  THe two of them put up two four foot by eight foot pieces of plywood against the chainlink on our side, covering a span of sixteen feet, across the area where the cat family is located. Kaleo drilled holes all along three edges of each board, and laced the plywood boards to the chainlink fence with zip ties, creating a four foot high solid fence inside and flush against the chainlink.  Then the guys rolled boulders in front of this.  IT is a bit backwoods looking, but is working great--the dogs sat on our side for a while smelling, but not barking or leaping.  They can't see mama cat now. ANd Kaleo saved two of the four newborn kittens who were wrapped tightly together by the umbilical cord, which he removed.  Now mama cat and babies are safe and shielded.

I think my back neighbors feed this colony.  I plan to speak to them about the free spay-neuter clinics available on the island.

Val