[Dailydrool] London cybertrip

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon May 1 11:24:26 PDT 2017

This is Cleo (AKA Empress of All She Surveys), the head Dashing Basset,
responding to the call for bassets traveling to London.

I have always wanted to go there because I need to tell the queen that
she is really only one of my subjects. It does not matter that I am here
in the USA, I am still empress. Everyone knows that girl bassets rule,
and once I am in London, I will be empress of all I survey even there. I
understand the current queen has some small, irritating, barky dogs, but
no bassets.
The mama will not let me go alone, so I guess I will have to take Dexter
and Horton with me. Dexter's hero is Sherlock Holmes. Like the sleuth,
Dex says he can scent out any wrongdoers. Since he is blind, I guess
smell is all Dex has to go on. I try to keep him in his place, but he
does not want to go with the program. But I have trained Horton to do my
bidding. He would make an excellent butler to the empress.

Those who have been with the Drool may remember that One of the original
pack of Dashing Bassets, Admiral Lord Belvedere, was in charge of the
BABES vessel, the Good Ship Lollipup. I do not sail boats of any sort,
but Horton says he will be glad to get the Lollipup out of mothballs and
sail it to London, should it be needed for any adventures.

Cleo, for Dexter and Horton of the Dashing Bassets

plmcquade at optimum.net