[Dailydrool] Postcard from London

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue May 2 14:55:46 PDT 2017

The Leader household has received our first postcard from our world traveller Emma the Aussie Basset Dog and her guardian Basset angel Bobo. They are having a bonzer time of it, as Emma would say. Emma is impressed with the Cockney rhyming slang. So similar to what she remembers from Down Under. She declares herself a fan of 'dog's eye with dead horse' at the local pub. Bobo responds huffily from the Bridge, "Just say meat pie with tomato sauce!"

Emma is a fan of the BBC show Doctor Who and was delighted to see an episode in London on a Saturday afternoon where the good Doctor first landed in the TARDIS. She is also taunting Dobby the House Elf, who stayed behind in Phoenix, Arizona, with the weather. Forecast for Thursday: London 56 F (13 C), Phoenix 103 F (39 C).

We here on the home front are very happy that Emma and Bobo are having this excellent adventure!

Lois Leader with Dobby the overheated House Elf
lois.leader at cox.net