[Dailydrool] Fwd: London Adventure: Wednesday farewell.

Angelika via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri May 12 02:31:37 PDT 2017

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sally King <sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk<mailto:sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk>>
Date: May 12, 2017 at 5:10:01 AM EDT
To: Angelika Hastings <angelikabrn at hotmail.com<mailto:angelikabrn at hotmail.com>>
Subject: Fw: London Adventure: Wednesday farewell.

Younger Clara here

So, it's our last day.

We were taken to Heathrow Airport by the Queen's plane in time for all our lovely guests to check in for their flight home.

Mariah was standing by Departures with Gunter. They both looked a bit sad and we were trying hard not to intrude. Likewise, Ipo was standing with Captain Thanet, deep in conversation.

Horton walked up to me. "Cleo has decided she wants to travel home with all her friends rather than in a cabin all alone" he said. "D'ya know what? I think that Empress thing was all just one big insecurity."

"What about you, Horton.Can you manage to sail the Good Ship Lollipup all by yourself. Is Dex going with you?"

"Ah, well, I should think we can manage, It's not like Cleo did much on board apart from give orders," but he was looking longingly at the group of happy hounds getting ready to go through Passport Control.

At that moment, Captain Thanet walked over, with Ipo just behind him. "Horton old fella," he barked. "I was wondering if I could, well, we could, work our passage back to America. I have a sea ticket and Ipo here proved a very able seawoman when we took the ship from London to Cornwall.

"Since that unfortunate incident with the Duck, I've been, erm, resting. So I thought I might seek my fortune piloting tour boats around Hawaii."

"Welcome aboard," beamed Horton, and they said their farewells to their friends before the four of them headed back to the City and the Lollipup's berth.

Rolph and I stood in the airport waving all our friends through the barriers. What an amazing ten days it had been.

"Right," said Rolph yawning. "I'm off home to sleep for month." and we left the airport with heads full of happy memories.

Clara and Rolph, back in their cosy beds, but noticing the catering at home isn't quite what it could be.

Thank you once again for all your kind donations to BRNGB. The homeless hounds of Britain are very grateful.