[Dailydrool] Copper

Linda Gardner via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu May 18 15:19:31 PDT 2017

We've had Copper for about 2 1/2 months now.  He was an ABC rescue from Kentucky, an extremely food obsessive 8 year-old.  Got him at 77 lbs., and so far he's lost 10 lbs.  He will rise up and literally snatch food right out of your hand. So far it's been a homemade roll, an oatmeal cookie, four chocolate chip cookies cooling on a rack, a large hunk of bread, and half a red bell pepper.  Fortunately, he'll let me reach down his throat and pull the food out. The only food he's actually eaten was the roll and chocolate cookies.  We've gotten a lot more diligent.

Last night he woke us up by howling in his sleep, a very sad mournful wail.  I can't figure out why.  Any thoughts?  I've had bassets make noise but not like this.

And I put my order in for a calendar date this afternoon.

Linda Gardner, food slave to Copper and Hannah
hockeyphans at verizon.net