[Dailydrool] Duncan

Nancy Candray via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat May 20 15:12:08 PDT 2017

I have been remiss in posting about Duncan. Truth be told we had a litttle bit of family emergencies that required hospitalization, but now that things are returning back to normal, I can post about Duncan.

It's been 3 months with Duncan and there is not a day that he doesn't make me LOL. I mean really he has such personality. My sister is head over heels with him. She claims he looks deep into your soul. He does, only so that you can shower him with attention and belly rubs.

When we were in and out of the hospital the boys got to stay with my best friend. Duncan of course won her SO over (my friend already knew Duncan and is totally in love too but her SO never met him until then) he threatened to keep Duncan. A coworker also came by and fell head over heels. Really Duncan is quite the charmer with women and men a like. He is not one to discriminate against anyone as long as they provide the belly rubs.

Turns out Duncan does have a naughty streak. He likes to chew things. He especially loves all my daughter's plastic toys. She is quickly learning not to leave Duncan alone with her sandbox toys. The thing about the chewing is he only does it when no one is watching.  Although I don't approve his bad habit, I secretly enjoy having a basset with a naughty streak. It's the reason I really wanted a basset.

Duncan has also learned to play with Rambo. He still learning how to play tag but he does play the basset 500 without growling Rambo for chasing him. He plays catch now too. It's wonderful to see how much he grown since coming home.

There is perhaps a million other things that I can say about Duncan but I'll leave it at that for another day. For now let's just say I really enjoy having Duncan around and keeping me laughing in a rough time.

Nancy with Duncan and Rambo the Shar Pei
speedsterbasset at yahoo.com