[Dailydrool] Edgar

Terry Pettett via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun May 21 16:59:48 PDT 2017

Usually just read but not post. Need a little encouragement concerning Edgar our 11 year old basset. In the past 2 months I have seen him change a lot. Gone from energetic to not having his usual zest for life. Sleeps way more that he use to. Now, he`s had his share of medical problems all his life. When he was born he had a hernia, that allowed fat to grow into the sac around his heart. No one caught this until 4 yrs ago! But he has done okay. Had numerous lumps removed, three different times. Three of which were cancer! Caught early to consider it curative surgery! He is our 5th basset through the years since 1982! But he has been my constant companion since retiring a few  yrs ago. He goes to our Vet tomorrow for x rays and a laser treatment for his aging back (which I thought was what was the cause) Has anyone else had their Bassethound get old this quick? And Act this way? We have a vacation planned for July 5th to the 11th, flights paid for and all. We lost one of our other Bassets when we were out of town once before. This would kill me! Plus I have some recent medical issues of my own to deal with! Boy when it rains, it pours!  My wife thinks I might be overthinking it all. Gut feeling, I say. But pray I`m wrong!  Need some  healing drool!
Thanks Terry, Maryann & Edgar Doolittle (big boy basset