[Dailydrool] Michigan Waddle

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon May 29 17:49:27 PDT 2017

Well I made the waddle this year.  It has been about 4 or 5 years  since I
last attended one and 8 years since I went there with a hound.   Millie went
with Kathy and me.  She did all right for a 13 year old  hound.  She
behaved at the auction and appeared to enjoy the picnic,  although she did just
follow me around.  The auction was nice, but not a  big as other years.  There
were some larger items, but not many.  I  won a cutting with a basset on it
and a beautiful lamp with a stained glass  shade that had a basset chasing
a rabbit on it.  You can only see the  rabbit when you have the lamp lit.
There were not a lot of high  bids.  I got the lamp for only $120.00, which
was a bargain.  If I  remember, the Moon Doggie label went for over $200.00.
The bid for the  king was $1,000.00 by Dawn for her Rusty.  I wanted to get
the Queen for  Millie, but Kathy's back started to give her problems, so I
had to leave and  missed bidding on the title.  I was really disappointed.
That is why  Millie  had to walk in the parade.  The weather was nice, any
rain  came after the events.  Our motel was the Red Woof Inn.   Kathy felt
it was called that because it was a dog.  Our TV did not work for half the
time, the floors were not carpeted and because our maid was allergic to dogs,
 she would not come into  the room.  So  we did not get any room  cleaning.
 Kathy had to round up the towels and take them to the door  and give them
to the maid.  She then gave us towels which Kathy  had to put in the room.
She said that if we go again, she wants  to stay at the Quality Inn across
the street.   I hope Millie stays  healthy and will be able to go next year.
Kathy and I had a great time  reuniting with Dawn, Angelika , Donna Funk,
Jodie and the others.  I was  glad I went and had a nice time.

Douglas Dropp  & Millie with
Pw.'s Charlie & Bennett(ATB)