[Dailydrool] Merta Lou Outside the House

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 05:28:14 PDT 2017

I should probably explain about her commentary regarding her walkie.
Despite truly intense efforts to get ML to relax around strangers and
strange things and places, put forth before we brought her home by her then
owners, it didn't work which is really how we came to have her here. Born
into a show home there was no place really for a little girl too shy to
show, and she was: her career ended before it began, and so as not to pass
on that shyness,she was not breedable, either.
We do not press ML to engage the public.
Like the best people she is happier being a little private.
As you may tell from her narrative, even walks are stressful is she is
alone and unfortunately I can no longer walk two dogs at once safely and I
mean their safety as well as mine.
But when she is not worrying about yard decor, wind chimes, trucks in the
street, garage doors opening, people speaking to her and dogs yammering
from houses and yards, she is happy. Her nose goes down and she reads the
world. So periodically, we do walks. She recovers.

MomPerson to Conley, Doc and Merta Lou