[Dailydrool] So. Many. Activities.

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 13:39:26 PDT 2017

Why do I have two dogs? (Currently. We had three, briefly, when Vernon Q
was with us too.)

I know why! It's all the fun dog activities! All those wonderful things
like agility, fetch...

Agility! Watch as I attempt to get from the sink to the stove to the frig
without falling over Paddi Basset, stepping on Clio the cat's tail, or
running into Simba the very quiet Formosan Mountain Dog who is immediately
behind me! Imagine how much more exciting it was with another large Basset
and an additional cat!

​Fetch! See me sit down to eat my lunch. Hear Paddi Basset make a kind of
gasping, moaning sound from her seat on the couch, bewailing her upcoming
death from starvation. Watch Simba ​... no need. Feel his eyes boring into
you from a distance. See me fetch their lunch!

Tug! Best played with determined cries of “drop that right now! You don’t
want to eat a dead fish!” (A lie even I recognize)

So glad I have such sporting companions!

--
Mary