[Dailydrool] Mariah the Mauradah checking in

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 12:11:12 PST 2017

Aloha all.  This is Mariah the Maraudah checking in.

Last night I snagged a meatloaf off the edge of the stovetop where it was cooling. Dad made supper. I took the tinfoil off the top and ran outside with it before I realized the good stuff was still on the floor inside and mom got to that before I did (and they had the audacity to still eat the part that didn’t touch the floor.) Dad threw a hissy fit, even though they still got most of the meatloaf and I only got a taste, for Pete’s sake. Dad growled at Mom “I suppose you’re going to tell me it’s my fault for leaving the meatloaf too close  to the edge of the stove, and I should change MY behavior.  But MARIAH—she gets away Scott free again and doesn’t need to change HER behavior.  I tell you it’s not FAIR!!!”

  Hee hee. Actually mom didn’t say a word. she didn’t have to.

Later mom overheard Dad having a heart to heart talk with me, Mariah.  (True story).  Here’s what mom overheard dad telling me: “Look, Mariah. To those blessed with special intelligence and skill, these gifts come with great responsibility .  You should be teaching your sisters how to be more intelligent instead of using your abilities to thwart me”.  I have no idea what he is talking about.

On another note, we are leaving today for a three day holiday out in the hills and pastures on the north of the island in a dog-friendly cabin rental. Can’t wait.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Mariah the Maraudah of Hawaii