[Dailydrool] Please sling drool!

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 16:24:06 PDT 2017

Mmmmm mouf owwie!

No, no, Dexter, if you can't talk (or even type), let me take over. This is
Cleo, the bossy big sister, talkin' for my silly brother Dexter.

Today the mom was lying on the couch, and Dex insisted on getting up there,
right in her face. The mom looked down and suddenly started fooling around
with his MOUTH! Seems she saw a huge lump right under his eye that she'd
never noticed before. Dex snapped at her, something he has never done
before. She called the vet almost right away. Then this afternoon she swept
him off to the vet lady without even letting us (that's Horton and me) go
out with him. Doesn't she know that one hound is NEVER allowed out on his
or her own? We run as a pack!

They were back an hour later, and mama says that Dexter has an abcessed
molar. The vet lady gave her recommendations for surgeons who will take the
nasty tooth out, but in the meantime she gave him all kinds of medication
and sucked some blood from my poor (if wimpy) brother.

The mama is asking that people have their hounds sling drool in Dex's
direction. He was in a lot of pain and would not even eat the treat the vet
tech tried to give him. In a little while mom will be feeding us dinner,
and Dex's will be softened up with water, to make him more comfortable.

I know I'm not too keen on my wimpy brother who lets me push him around,
but even I feel a little sorry for him. Mom said he looked as if he had
half a lemon under his lip, and she was not far wrong. And even if I don't
cotton up to him, I don't want him getting all the attention. So please,
sling drool his way, so mama will not be catering to him instead of me.
Cleo, giving you the Dashing Basset update