[Dailydrool] howliday card group mailings

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Wed Oct 18 16:37:23 PDT 2017

I hope everyone saw Kacy’s post that we will be doing the howliday
card exchange this year. If you want to do the card, but feel the postage
will put it out of your budget, do consider mailing with a group.  Postage
for a one ounce letter or card this year has gone up to 49 cents - if you
mail by yourself to 100 people, that’s $49 or to 50 people, then it’s
$24.50 - not including any overseas cards.

BUT if you join a mailing group, you can cut mailing costs way down.
Imagine mailing with 3 other people and cutting your postage cost
by 3/4.  Or with 5 other people and cutting it by even more.

There are some things to think about with a mailing group - it’s most
cost efficient if everyone does the same size card on photo paper
rather than card stock. Be aware that different card companies may
have slightly different actual dimensions - for instance, Vista Print’s
4 x 8 cards are not the same as 4 x 8 cards from Walmart and the
paper weight is also different.

If you want more info about mailing groups and how they work or want
to start a mailing group, email me and i’ll be glad to help you.  The
mailing group I’m in I think did 8 cards in one envelope last year to about
120 people and our postage cost was about $15 per person, making it
as affordable to send to that many people as it is for one person to send
to the short list, after considering you are ordering more cards.  But the more
cards you order, the less the price per card as well.

There may be a disadvantage to mailing with a group because someone
has to label, stamp and stuff the envelopes.. Usually someone is happy
to do this and get those cards out, though.  I am fortunate in that there are
3 of us Droolers that live close enough together so we have lunch and make
an afternoon of it.

If you’ve never done the cards before, it’s something you won’t
regret and you’ll love getting all those cards in the mail - putting names
and faces of hounds together is such a neat thing. Sometimes
the humans are on the card, too!  We’d love to see more people
participate so if you have questions, please ask.  Kacy can help with
technical stuff and I’m happy to answer other questions.

Get those cameras out or start looking for a great pic!

Donna, drool fueling for just Maggie these days
dlindy at mac.com