[Dailydrool] Beauford Update

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 03:32:53 PDT 2017

Hi everyone. Beauford here. Can you believe I had another cyst explode?! It
was no fun, but not as bad as last time. It happened on Thursday night. The
mom whipped out the shaver and took out big chunks of my hair! Then she
squeezed and squeezed until all the yucky stuff was done coming out. She
washed it out with soap and water and rinsed it real well. Then she sprayed
it with chlorhexidine. She wasn't real happy because it was rather deep.
She said I would probably have to go to the vet on Friday, but we would see
how it looked on Friday morning. Going to the vet is not my most favorite
thing. The vet guy seems nice enough. Browyn and Bugsey love him to death.
But, he is a little needle happy. He is always giving me shots or poking
needles in my bumps. Then there are all the weird people in the waiting
room with their weird dogs. It is noisy. I really like nice and quite and
people and bassets I know. Well, I do like Debbie. She is the kennel
manager and she lets me stay in her office when we are at camp because she
knows I like it nice and quiet. She even has a cot in her office. Anyway, I
got really good news on Friday. The mom was very happy with the way my sore
was looking. It was pretty much all dried up and she was only able to get a
little bit of yucky stuff out of it. So, I didn't have to go to the vet.
Woo Hoo! We all went o bed after breakfast and we were able to have a lazy
morning. The mom is very glad that she has chlorhexidine in spray, mousse
and pads. Spray and mousse don't work well on lips, but the pads sure do.
The spray got to the bottom of my exploded cyst sore and really made it
better fast.

Meanwhile, the mom was trying to plant in the garden yesterday. She had to
top off the soil and it really smelled great with several different kinds
of compost. Browyn and I were trying to dig in it while the mom was trying
to get it all smoothed over and nice to plant winter greens. Bugsey the big
fat momma's boy was laying in the mom's lap while she tried to prep the
bed. Yep. Big wimp. Except I guess he heard me say that out loud. So he bit
me. Then I bit him and well you know how that goes. The mom actually used a
tomato cage to break us up. Ouch! Well, she didn't break any skin, but
still! Ouch! Then the dad made us all go inside so the mom could plant in
peace. Apparently the dad has another idea to try to keep us out of the
garden. We will see if it actually works. Bahaha!

Beauford with Bugsey, Browyn the Fairy Princess and the mom, Jennifer
timandjenmartin at gmail.com