[Dailydrool] Talented Mariah

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 20:00:14 PDT 2017

We have two one-gallon water cooler dispenser type water bowls for the three dogs, the kind that keeps the bowls full until the gallon of water is used up.   The girls empty them both in maybe two days.  When we refill them we rinse them out, and maybe once a week put the coolers through the dishwasher.  On that day there is a regular water bowl on the floor.

Well, today Bill forgot to put the regular bowl down when he loaded the coolers in the dishwasher.  No dog said anything and we did not notice.

Mid day I was outside doing lawn work.  It was very hot, so I took a break and sat on the outdoor bench with a tall glass of ice water in my hand.  Up jumped Mariah next to me on the bench, wagging her tail.  Then into the water glass in my hand went her long pointy snooter, and by golly, she drank the entire glass of water to the very bottom, sinking deeper and deeper into the cylinder.   who would have imagined a basset hound could get her nose all the way to the bottom of a tall glass while slurping water and still managing to breathe and not drown?  I must say, she is very talented (and not shy).

I went inside after, rescued the coolers from the dishwasher and refilled them.  Mariah took first slurps there too followed by her grateful but less clever two sisters.

 Val of Hawaii with Mariah, Mila, and Ipo