[Dailydrool] Four A.M.

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Sep 8 02:22:36 PDT 2017

The dogs want out. Ok. I am trying to be really quiet. I tippytoe around
and let them out of their nighttime crates, turn on the back light, check
to be sure there are no tigers or angry grizzly bears in the yard (or
skunks) and let them out.
I am making the bed quickly so that when they come in the Bassets can get
on the bed and go to sleep instead of going back in their crates when all
hell breaks loose in the backyard.
I go pelting out in my pajamas clutching a huge flashlight and find
that--but of course! The Border Collie in back is out too, and now all four
are running the back fence and SCREAMING at four in the morning.

I am out there hissing at my crew to get in the house get in the house get
in the house and I hear my neighbor whistling for her BC and the difference
is that the BC quickly breaks off and rushes for his house while my three
give me the finger. Conley decides now is the time to kill Doc as he rushes
past along the fence and Merta Lou yells in excitement and I am ready to
start clubbing them with the flashlight.

Finally I get them rounded up and inside where MertaLou insists on helping
me make the bed as Conley gets under the desk looking for crumbs but
tangling himself in the electric cords under there and Doc is crashing
around in his crate trying to scratch. (He has no padding in his crate
because he eats crate pads.)
By the time it is over three minutes later the Bassets are asleep on the
bed, Doc is passed out on the floor and it is four-ten in the morning and I
am sweaty and panting and totally wired.
Happy Friday.
I love my dogs.

MomPerson to Conley, MertaLou and Doc

bgszap2 at gmail.com