[Dailydrool] dexter 's summer of fun!

LOIS LEMA via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Sep 11 14:40:07 PDT 2017

dexter my goofy boy who just turned 2 has had a wild summer of fun!  it started off kind of sad with the totally unexpected passing of miss sally.  she was 7 and within the course of 1 week succumbed to liver failure and tumors.  totally unexpected...to me, the vets, and her.   I worried dex might not do well as a single boy, but he has proved me wrong!
he is a therapy dog and bounced right back into visiting all his friends at the sr home (who yell his name like he is entering the cheers! bar) and the hospital.  he loves meeting and greeting everyone.
since I work for a local campground, I have passes to visit attractions.  some of these allow visitors to bring their dogs in.   this year I figured, let's go for it.  he has been on the gondola at wildcat mountain, which used to be his predecessor buster's favorite thing to do (this was the one thing I did bring them on) .  he smiled and checked out the hikers below .  over the weekend he and I rode the Conway scenic railroad..which has amazing scenery.  it was his first train ride and I was a little unsure how he would do....well it started off with the ticket office giving him his ticket of a dog biscuit.  then the conductor let him wear his hat...they gave him tons of attention (other dogs on the train got nada!)  he visited the other riders as well.  he spent lots of the ride just hanging out and smelling the scenery as it passed by.  afterwards her got to play with nhis old friend from obedience class.
then he was able to ride the gondola up to the summit of loon mountain...it's   NH's longest scenic gondola skyride to the 2,733 foot summit of Loon Peak,.  we wandered around the summit and took in the views once we arrived.
he has hiked all over the white mountains this summer as well..seen waterfalls, visited the scenic spots on the "kanc" one of America's scenic byways, and even paddle boated!
next up in camping!  we are spending 2 nights camping.  hopefully the bear won't visit and we'll enjoy sitting around the campfire!
all in all the only thing that would make his summer better would be iof his true love murder lew was with him....but I took the credit card and phone away from him before he could arrange that!
lois lema & dexter