[Dailydrool] From the Desk Of

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Sep 25 18:51:58 PDT 2017

Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset

What an exciting day!
Twice-- two times, once this afternoon and once just a few minutes ago---
the dog in back of us was outside and wanted to play with Doc and so they
ran as fast as they could back and forth along the fence, screaming at each
other horrible things that I am sure neither of them mean.
And Uncle Conley lunges at Doc as he goes past and I can hear his jaws snap
together and Doc leaps away oh it is so exciting and I cheer everybody on
(I am an equal opportunity cheerleader) .

Well so it was fun until SHE showed up all hot and bothered: this afternoon
she said that it was too hot (one number was 9 and the other number was 6 )
and that Doc was going to have a heart attack wearing his heavy black coat
and tearing around in that weather or so she said. So we all had to come in
and she wet a towel and put it in Doc's crate and he wadded it up and
carefully didn't touch it I don't blame him it was all wet  for heaven's
sake! so then she put the fan on him.

And then tonight we went out and there was our friend the Border Collie
again bordering our yard and we all had fun running and screaming and
snapping and leaping until SHE came out with leashes and a flashlight and
Mr. Doc just said oh all right and went and sat by the back door and
waited. Uncle Conley wanted to leap and snap some more....in fact now that
I think about it he has been very leapy and snappy the past few days....
Anyway love and cuddles to everyone
Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset