[Dailydrool] Dear Merta Lou

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 23:00:02 PDT 2018

Dearest Merta Lou
This is your Great Aunt Clara in England. I am so sorry you have been imprisoned, I underwent a similar indignity recently, only instead of messing up my perfect tummy, they, they, they STOLE some of my beautiful teeth!
We are suffragettes my dear, unfairly imprisoned for fighting for the rights of basset ladies everywhere to eat whatever we want, wherever we find it. I tried to  eat a child once, you know. It just a tiny nibble to see what the annoying little ear-puller tasted like. For that, I was cast out of my life as a princess and sent to live with a dog who claims to be a basset, but has the hair of an Afghan, and my present slave, who is serviceable, but really doesn't understand how to wait on me hand and foot the way I expect (despite years of training).
Stay strong dearest. You will be released. But a word from the wise - don't hang around waiting for a boy dog to free you. We lady bassets must always be able to stand on our own four paws.
Stay stong
Clara, with Rolph and Sally, UK