[Dailydrool] So . . . this happened . . .

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Thu Apr 19 16:59:36 PDT 2018

The Lindys are currently fostering a girl houndie who will soon be officially
ours.  Her birthday is April 30 and we thought that would be an appropriate
time to adopt her.  Her name is YaYa.  Yep, it’s what she came with and we
decided that she had been through enough change so we are keeping it.
I’m sure a great nickname will come to us one of these days! It is definitely
memorable and everyone always repeats her name with a question mark.

This all happened very quickly and is one of those pennies from heaven
stories if you are a believer in that.  The morning I found the shiny penny
next to me after talking to someone about Sunny I went home, got on
my computer and checked out my usual sites, then went to the BHRG
rescue FB page and there she was.  Eight years old; her owner had
passed away, she was confused and upset.   This girl needed a quiet
household with someone home most of the time.  Just to throw in a little
twist, I recently finished a book about the Ya Ya Sisterhood , , ,  that kind
of clinched it for me and YaYa was delivered to our house the next day.
It has been a rough ten days but we have managed to turn a corner in the
last couple of days and things are falling into place.

Maggie has been such a great girl, giving YaYa her space and even letting
her sleep in her new bed sometimes.  They have started touching noses
before we head out for a walk or just to check in with each other. I love that.

YaYa will Lindy hound #10.  A nice even number with 5 boys and 5 girls.
YaYa has Sunny’s build and size and a couple of her looks, one that can
stare a hole in you when she wants something.  She has very similar coloring
to Pauline along with Pauline’s butt and those always dirty ear edges from
sniffing the ground.  She is, of course, her own personality, with all those
basset traits we love so much.

Welcome to your new home, YaYa.

Donna, drool fueler for Maggie and YaYa